Thursday, July 15, 2010

The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle



Do you remember this book? It was one of my favorites as a kid; I read it multiple times. The story was full of adventure, a girl kicking butt and learning to climb rope ladders, a crazy captain, and murder - all on the high seas. I've been wondering for years why no one has made a movie adaptation. It's the perfect story! Well, I read some potentially good news today - there's a movie in the works! It is to be written and directed by Danny DeVito (not sure what I feel about that), and is slated to star Saoirse Ronan as Charlotte (very good),



Morgan Freeman as Zachariah (yes, please)



and...Pierce Brosnan as Captain Jaggery (hmm...as long as he isn't sporting his Ogilvie Home Perm from Percy Jackson).



But let's hope for the best! Because this book was very important to me as a girl. Not that I'm about to run off to live on a ship, cut all my hair off with a jagged knife, or kill anybody. And I'm certainly not down with having callousy hands. But...it fueled a lot of great daydreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment